Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Sabbatical Begins!


May 1, 2009

Birmingham to Charlotte



My motto: There's never enough time to do everything you have to do at the last minute!

Last night I got 2 hours of sleep. Moments before leaving the house for our long-awaited sabbatical, I discovered a "plumbing emergency" in the guest bathroom! Hemphill plumbers to the rescue and we're off - finally.


Most memorable person I met today: Ms. Pauline at a Georgia Wendy's gas stop. This delightful lady is a 10-year Wendy's employee (she showed me her pins) who makes it her business to make everyone feel welcomed and looked after. I'm guessing she's about 78.


We made it to Charlotte in time for the wedding rehearsal dinner of Jamie Pettway (precious friend and former baby-sitter from Monroe, LA) and Mike Mills. They managed at the rehearsal without us - a nice change of pace.